How do I browse through the resources?
There are several ways to browse through the resources in the projectOPEN database.
- You can search for a specific resource in the search bar in the upper left that says 'Search by: Organization, Topic'.
- You can drag the map view to focus in on resources in a specific location.
- You can search for a specific location in the location search bar that says 'Search by: Current Location'.
- You can filter by categories by clicking one or more categories in the 'Filter by' dropdown section.
If you use more than one of these methods at once, only the resources matching ALL methods will be shown. In other words, if you do a search, and filter by a category, and then move the map to a specific neighborhood, only the resources that match that search query, are part of that category, and are in that neighborhood will be shown.
How do I create my own map?
If you want to create a custom map showing only specific organizations, you can add those organizations to your My Guide section, and then print out that custom map.
- On the main page, you can click the 'Add to My Guide' button next to the resource you want to add. It should then show up in the 'My Guide' section on the right hand side.
- Keep adding resources until you have added all the ones you want in this 'My Guide'.
- Then click one of the icons at the top of the 'My Guide' section to either get a link to the custom map, email the link to someone, or navigate to the custom map to print it out.